
Once I got home, I had to pack my lunch for work for the next day. There is something daunting about packing lunch for work. Maybe it's the pressure to be creative; maybe it's worrying that I won't be in the mood to eat this tomorrow; maybe it's worrying whether or not this was just a good idea in my mind but not on the plate (that has happened many many times and I was left with either choking down a lunch that tasted like raw sewage or eating a kashi bar. Those are not fun days); maybe it's thinking about the little office rat running into my cube asking "Whatcha eatin'?!?!" Yeah it's def #4. My coworker and I counted one week and I got through 4/5 days without him asking me what I was eating...hi, I don't bring lunch on Fridays because I get out at 12.
Anyway, sometimes I use grilled veggies in place of pasta and make a pseudo-pasta dish. We had some grilled eggplant, peppers, and onions, and ricotta. Went down to the pantry to get the sauce I bought...ooops, I didn't actually buy sauce this week since I had $30 to my name. I thought maybe if I throw enough spices in there and some tomatoes, I won't miss the sauce? Because this is the journey of trying new things, I went for it: eggplant, peppers, onions, tomatoes, FF ricotta sprinkled with some red pepper flakes, oregano, and garlic. I threw in some low fat meatballs for substance too. Didn't look pretty.
Surprisingly enough, it was soooooooo good!!! It looked better once I heated it up and the ricotta melted a little. I didn't miss the sauce. I didn't miss the pasta. I will be repeating this lunch again and will take pics.
A not so successful story involves Low Impact Circuit; it was on par for last night's workout but for some reason, every time I schedule that one something comes up. Last week it was a bad case of being a girl. Not only just being a girl but being a mean, tired, cranky girl who only wanted to read her book and pass out. So that's exactly what I did...for 4 more days. I can't repeat that this week! Must...stay...on...schedule!
Good luck with your blog, I'll keep reading it. I discovered Cathe a few days ago and I've just ordered Muscle Max. Drill Max and Stretch Max arrived today, I tried Stretch Max and really like it. I used the resistance band. I'm hoping Muscle Max will arrive Monday. Will try Drill Max tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteoh Melissa, i can so relate to the mean, tired, cranky girl who just wants to read.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to your BF,and i LOVE the name! She has a head of of lovely dark hair I see too! Just love little babies...
Will be interested in seeing some pics of your new recipe!!
later gator
Susan, Drill Max is one of my top 3 Cathe workouts!! I love it so much. I think it's actually on schedule for Saturday...
ReplyDelete