Reverb for 12/17: Lesson Learned ~ Lesson Learned What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward? (Author: Tara Weaver)
The best thing I learned was to stop putting up with other people's crap. It doesn't matter what title you hold or what kind of job you have or how much older you are than me: if you don't respect me, I don't have to take it. I have wasted so much time & energy caring what other people think of me and putting up with being demeaned and treated unprofessionally; this year that all stopped. Don't tell me I should be lucky to have a job in this economy; it doesn't give you a license to use and abuse me. I understand times are tough and the work load will increase but there is a professional way of going about things. The best thing I learned was to stand up for myself and what I believe in, and not let what other people say affect me. If I listened to everyone who told me to "settle down" and "just deal with it," I would be miserable. That is no way to live. In the past, I would have been like "You know, they're right. I'm turning 30, it's time to be an adult and face my problems." That still holds true but facing my problems also doesn't mean I have to settle for something I hate just because I'm "too old to start all over again." You can only live your life for yourself, no one else. Plus, who says those people are right and you're wrong?! If you keep worrying what other people think, you will never be satisfied because you can't make everyone happy ALL of the time and most importantly, you risk being unhappy yourself. It's like trying to achieve something that doesn't exist and where will that get you? Frustrated and exhausted. Turning 30, I am ready to finally give a big F-U to all the naysayers and do what I want.
I'm trying to get on track with my SP team's weekly weigh-ins on Wednesdays (try saying that 3x fast), so I moved my weigh-in day up to today instead of Sunday. I lost 1.7 pounds!!!! Spark definitely helped me this week. I love their program so much! It's such a well-rounded program; I check in throughout the day and I can see where I need more of whatever nutrients which is SO great! I wish I had used this software earlier!
Not sure how many workouts I will get in this week. I have 3 logged in so far so that is good. Last night I had to pick up my promo kits, change my bedding and pillows (I got new ones...Merry Christmas to me!!!!), and then work on the cake balls. I am not happy with how they turned out. It looks like a 3 year old did them. Ok, maybe a 7 year old but they look BAD. I wrapped them in cellophane bags to distract from how sh!tty they look. Tonight I have to finish the last of the cake balls, put the tree together, and make the sugar cookie dough, so not sure if I will get a workout in. I wanted to do it this morning but I got woken up twice: once at 4:30 and again at 4:45, so I wasn't ready to get out of bed again at 5:30. UGHHHH. Oh well, even if I miss tonight, my eating has been surprisingly good (split 1 cake ball with my bro last night and that was IT!!) and I plan to get at least 2 more workouts in for the week, so 5/7 ain't too shabby. I'm not Super Woman (even though I would like to be) so I can't do everything!
No comments:
Post a Comment