Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Impromptu Lunch Take 2!

Just ate a DEEEEEELIGHTFUL wrap: grilled zucchini, peppers, onions, and eggplant on a low carb whole wheat wrap with a little mozz, melted. Whole thing was around 300 cals and extremely filling. The takeaway point: keep more grilled veggies on hand; they are very useful and can make zillions of impromptu lunches/dinners!

For some reason eggplant fills me up like nobody's business. Does this happen with anyone else?!

2 comments:

  1. Reading your post reminds me that I need to start eating more veggies. I love the frozen ones too for stir fry.

    How did you grill your veggies?

    I need to start experimenting more...can you believe that I've never tried eggplant? :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOOOOH I looooove eggplant!!! Sometimes I cut it in strips and I broil it then put some ricotta & tomatoes on top, and roll it up. It's so good!

    For grilled veggies, you just wash them, cut them in half, throw the veggies on the grill, and grill until soft (make sure you grill both sides). Then when you take them off, cut them up into bite sizes.

    ReplyDelete