Thursday, September 2, 2010
Midnight Munchies
Last night I was SO unbelievably hungry. I tried really hard to stick to my cal range but I felt it nearly impossible. Around midnight, my stomach was rumbling so much that I broke down and had a small granola bar and a 1/2 of a PB&J sandwich, which brought my totals up to a little over 2,000 cals for the day. My workout last night wasn't too intense, but I'm wondering if you could have Delayed Onset Super Hunger (DOSH) from the previous day's workout? It happens with the muscles, why not the appetite? I worked out for about 1hr 40min Tues, and burned over 900 cals; my calorie totals for that day were about 1680 because I wasn't all that hungry. Maybe my body needed extra fuel? I dunno, I just know I am not happy with myself right now. But, going back to yesterday's post, there is no sense in berating yourself. That vicious cycle is over. I did sit back and reflect on why I wanted to eat that PB&J and whether it was because I was really hungry or if it was because I was bored, and I actually was hungry (my stomach was even screaming at me). Sometimes, I guess you just have to listen to your body.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment