Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I'm SO Organized ;)

I went over my calorie limit yesterday; well, I went over what was suggested as a goal. I'm zig-zagging, so I think I can just redistribute my calories along the way, since the idea behind it is to eat the same amount of calories during the week but different amounts each day. Yesterday's goal was supposed to be 1595 calories which I know is too low for me. I assessed whether I was truly hungry before I ate anything and I actually was. I went over by 500 calories, so I'm just going to shave off 100 here and 100 there, probably on days when I'm supposed to be eating 2100 cals or so. I have the whole adjustment at home so I will update the blog later tonight.

Sidebar...I love fall so much. Especially Halloween. I can't WAIT for Halloween!! Chiller has all of these horror movies on all month long and I am obsessed with it (even though I get scared easily and have nightmares every time I watch it but that doesn't stop me). Halloween is definitely my favorite holiday :)

Yesterday I got a letter of acceptance to school; they said since I'm so organized (hahaha!) I can register "early" on 11/1. Um, how is this early when registration opens up on 10/25?! Clearly only I am the organized one here. I emailed the registrar to see if I can change this because they also took it upon themselves to schedule me for a 9AM appointment when I have to work 11/1. No wonder they think I'm organized ;)

I found a forum for pre-DPT / DPT students. I have met so many inspiring people on there, many of whom are going through the same thing I am right now. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one not getting 100% support from my friends about putting my life on hold for the next 5 years in an attempt to change it for the better. When I first stumbled upon the prospect of doing PT, I was SO excited, extremely happy, and for once in my adult life I felt like I had something to look forward to career-wise. Even when I was getting my Bacc, I wasn't 100% excited about working in business. I just went through with it because I figured I invested 4 years into it, why not just stick with it? Not to mention I was miserable at the school I attended so all I wanted to do was get out and come back to NY. Anyway, it really bothers me that my friends look at me like I'm some degenerate when I talk about going back to school. Their whole thing is I should think about settling down, getting married, and having kids. I have a degree so why do I want to do something different? One of them was like "Oh you STILL don't know what you want to do with your life. Why don't you grow up and stop running away?" I don't see it as running away at all; I see it as taking charge of a situation that makes me miserable and changing it for the better. It just really sucks, not having the support you need. My family and Mark are great and totally supportive but not so much everyone else. I know I shouldn't pay attention to what they say but it really bothers me. If I didn't have a degree and decided to go back now, I bet everyone would be on board with it and think it was the greatest thing ever; so why is it so horrible for me to go back now? It just sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment