Friday, October 8, 2010

Sad It's Over :(

So now that my civic duty is done and I can talk about it, many of you were wondering where I have been for the past month. Well, I was on jury duty for a murder trial! At first, I wasn't too thrilled about being picked for it, but it was actually REALLY interesting. If I could be a professional juror, I would; then again, I think if that ever became a career, it would kind of negate the whole random selection idea. I am sad it's over though, because I was in such a great mood not having to be at the soul-sucking hole for a month. Everyone said "Well, at least now you had a month off and you can start fresh," but I don't have that feeling.

You know when you go on vacation for a week and while you're not thrilled to be back at work, you're a little happy to fall back into your old routine, do your job, see your coworkers, etc? Yeah well that didn't happen. The minute the judge dismissed us, I was pissed. Royally pissed. And all because I had to come back here. I didn't even get here yet and my coworker texted me, telling me people were circling my desk at 8:59 demanding to know where I was. Not because they wanted to hear about the case. Not because they missed me. Because they wanted to make sure I was here since I had a month "off" (which is another thing: apparently it's my fault for getting selected and serving, and I was thrown under the bus in quite a few emails. WHATEVER!!!!!!!). My fellow jurors thought I was exaggerating when I told them about my job...until I showed them the texts I was getting. Really, you can't make this stuff up.

So my eating wasn't that great while I was on jury duty. They gave us lunch, people brought stuff in that I couldn't say no to. There also wasn't a fridge or a microwave so I was very limited on what I could bring for lunch if I did bring my own. Not that all of that should be an excuse, but I didn't really plan very well, so I got thrown off course a little. Now that things are back to normal, I am trying to get back on track with my eating, especially since my annual check-up is in a month and I want the scale to read a decent number. It also reminded me that I need to think about what lunches I can bring when I start school in the winter because I won't have a fridge or microwave there either. Only 2 mos to go and I really can't wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment