Saturday, October 9, 2010

Judgment Day

Today was weigh-in, which I was dreading. The verdict? I gained 3 pounds. UGHHHHH. I know where I went wrong though: didn't plan, didn't listen to hunger cues, and ate when I was bored or stressed (which was practically every day). So now it's back on track for me. I am super busy this weekend so I probably won't finish what was scheduled in terms on workouts (plus I had a virus this past week so I missed a few already). I want to do the entire rotation, so I figure I will start fresh on Monday with the exercise. The eating however will start today. I also have Jackie Warner's This is Why You're Fat book, which I heard was very helpful, so I will start reading that.

Isn't it funny how we have to re-teach ourselves how to eat? Something that should be so innate gets all messed up along the way. As kids, we know when to stop when we are full & satisfied, but we lose that sense when we get older. It's interesting when you really think about it. Anyway that was my sidebar for the moment :)

I think with every post from now on, I will say something positive that I accomplished for the day. Last night, I was very proud of myself actually; I went out to Chili's for girls' night. None of their "Guiltless Grill" meals sounded very appetizing so I ordered something I really wanted. The calorie count wasn't that great and yes, it came with fries but I knew if I got a plain chicken sandwich I wouldn't be very happy. I took my time eating, concentrating on the conversation and my friends more than the food. And what happened? Less than halfway through, I realized I was full! I got to have a couple of fries and a few bites of my steak sandwich but I was done. That has NEVER happened to me before; usually I just polish off the whole plate! It was a small victory but I was happy :)

1 comment:

  1. That is a fantastic and very empowering victory! WTG Melissa! Another thing that helps me when eating out is drinking a full glass of water before the meal gets there,lol..less room in the tummy (lol)

    ReplyDelete