Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tough Week Ahead

Tomorrow we are leaving for VA for my grandfather's funeral. This is going to be emotionally tough but I am kind of welcoming the closure. I feel like I need it to just put my mind at peace.

Of course, I'm concerned with how my eating is going to go this week. That sounds so shallow but it's the truth. My coworker and I each have a goal of losing AT LEAST a pound within the next week so I need to stick to the challenge and make healthy choices. We will be eating on the road (10 hour car trip...YIKES!!) and at restaurants for the next 4 days since we will be staying at a hotel and not with relatives. The hotel does have a gym so that's a plus! I guess I need to bring my Calorie King book with me to keep things on track. I also packed a big snack bag full of apples, Kashi bars, and multigrain rice cakes in case I need something to munch on. And finally, my stainless steel water bottles will be coming with me.

Here is the game plan:
~ Drink lots and lots of water
~ Get AT LEAST 2 workouts in at the gym
~ Record all calories to stay on target for the week

My Eat Clean food diary is way too big to be lugging around so I'm bringing my old electronic WW points calculator. You can put your points goal in there and deduct throughout the day but I just put the calorie goals in there instead.

Last night I was pretty hungry after dinner so I chose fruit (yes FRUIT!!!!) before anything else. I was still hungry so I had a Vitatop with some light ice cream and I was totally satisfied without going over my calories (I was actually 100 cals under goal woohoo)! I didn't even get up late at night for a snack. It's a small step in the right direction. I need to lose the 2 pounds I gained last week (still can't believe that happened :( )

I also decided that I will no longer log my meals on here. It got way too tedious, way too overwhelming, and made me want to stop blogging altogether. So I might post my favorite meals/recipes/what have you, but I won't document everything I'm eating. It's hard enough logging it in my WW tracker ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment