Sunday, November 14, 2010

Weekly Weigh-In 11/13

Wednesday night, we got a phone call that my grandfather passed away. It was totally unexpected: he was healthy, functioning, no signs of failing anytime soon. The way he died was also a little weird so that made it a billion times harder to take in. I feel like this is just a bad nightmare and when I wake up things will be back to normal. Last night I even had a dream about it and when I woke up I thought "It WAS a dream" until the morning fogginess went away and I realized "Nope, this is actually happening."

I gained 2 pounds this week. It's not a shocker why; I only worked out 2 days and my eating has been out of control. Some days, I'm too upset to even think about food so I don't eat much, only to be ravenous the next day and eat whatever I can get my hands on. My mind is just not in this weight-loss thing right now. Those 2 workouts were totally forced; I did them just to get something done but I know I didn't perform as well as I could have. Before I got myself injured, I just said "Take a rest you idiot! You are in no shape to be doing this half-assed." So I rested...a lot. I gave myself time to think about things and sort everything out, hang out with the family and all, so now I feel refreshed and ready to tackle the week. I plan to get back on track tomorrow as well as I can. I went out and bought healthy snacks for the trip down to VA and we are staying in a hotel that has a gym so that is good. My brother said he would come down and workout with me so at least I will have someone getting me off my butt!!

You know what blows? Only three people out of all of my "friends" actually cared enough to call or text me to see how I was doing. Mark of course has been awesome during the whole thing and extremely supportive; I'm so happy and thankful I have him in my life. The other is a good friend of mine who has also been awesome and I'm grateful that we patched things up and are working on our relationship (we had gotten into a blowout a few years ago over something stupid so we stopped talking for awhile). And the last has been with me through thick & thin since we were 12. The disheartening thing is that my "best friend" couldn't even pick up a phone to see if my family is ok. I understand people are busy, but I don't think 5 min of your time is too much to ask. Sometimes I wonder if I expect too much out of people and am I selfish for feeling like this, but honestly that's what I would do if my best friend's relative, who I've met on multiple occasions, passed away. This is why I could probably count on one hand the amount of people I actually trust.

Anyway, I'm not going to dwell on the negative. The people who actually did take the time out mean the world to me and I am glad I have them in my life. My friend at work has been totally awesome and helpful and I am glad we got as close as we did in the past year. I love my family so much and I'm lucky be part of it (even though they are nuts but nothing normal is ever fun ;) )

Here's to a good week!

1 comment:

  1. Melissa, i just wanted to say how truly sorry i am to hear of your grandfathers passing. I can't imagine how you must feel right now.

    Hugs to you and have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete