Friday, November 5, 2010
Ladies' Night
Last night a group of us girls went out for ladies' night. It's a tradition when I go down to get my hair done; since the salon is surrounded by bars & pubs, we usually make a night out of it. I had every intention to eat well but once the drinks started flowing, of course all good intentions went out the door. So I got the most indulgent thing on the menu: a grilled cheese with a burger in it. It sounds gross but it was so DELICIOUS!! Also, by the time we got to eat it was 9 so I was starving. I also got a side order of sweet potato waffle fries. They were awesome. I went 500 calories over my goal for the day which I'm not too happy about but you know what? I don't have that sick, depressed, guilty feeling. I indulged a little (ok, a lot) and I had a great time with great people, and I'm happy about that! I didn't kill myself in my workout this morning, I don't plan on starving myself today to make up for it: I am just planning on cutting down on cals for the next 3 days to make up for it and I am happy about that too! This is the first time I have indulged and not felt the need to punish myself for being human. We all slip and fall sometimes, it's just a matter of picking ourselves back up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great thinking Melissa! Your meal sounded DELISH...yum!
ReplyDelete