I don't know why but this week I am exhausted. Getting out of bed in the morning is a huge chore (probably because it means I have to trek into the hole) and it's so cold and dark out at 7 AM; I just want to stay in bed. I'm kind of glad we turn the clocks back this weekend, but I'm also going to miss that extra hour of daylight in the evening. Last night after work, I was dreading my workout. I just didn't want to do it. Changing into sweat pants and fleece socks sounded way more appealing than changing into a sports bra and shorts and busting my butt for an hour. I already took a rest day Monday, so I knew I couldn't take another one. OK, let me watch my DVR'd Real Housewives of Atlanta and then at 6:30 I will workout. Nope, didn't happen. Dinner just came out of the oven and it looked DELICIOUS: baked fish with a little parmesean cheese, mashed sweet potatoes, and string beans. My stomach was rumbling and you can't mess up a beautiful dinner like that by reheating it in the microwave, so I told myself I would eat dinner and workout later. And strangely enough, I actually did!! I felt so accomplished getting that workout in so late; well, actually it wasn't that late but it was later than I was used to working out. Although nothing pales in comparison to the night I worked out at 10pm! The point was, I did what I needed to do and I felt great. I went to bed satisfied and relaxed, and that was a fantastic feeling.
I'm glad I had that psycho moment when I did HIIT at 10PM that night; I feel like after that, I can't use the "It's too late to workout" excuse anymore. Now the "It's too early" excuse? That's a whole other story...
No comments:
Post a Comment