Monday, December 13, 2010

Weekly Weigh In and Reverb

Reverb for 12/13: Action ~ When it comes to aspirations, it’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. What’s your next step? (Author: Scott Belsky)

I hate to keep boring you guys with PT talk but that is at the forefront of my mind, especially since it's getting closer and closer. The next step is obviously my classes coming up at community for Spring '11; I've also been looking for a PTaide/tech position. The intern hunt just started today so I haven't gotten very far with that, but I figure if I could make a little cash while getting my experience hours in, then there go 2 birds with that kick-ass 1 stone! Average pay is only $10-$12/hour but I don't care at this point. It still doesn't feel real; it doesn't feel like I'm actually doing it. In all honesty, when I was talking about it over the summer, part of me was convinced that's all it was gonna be: talk. When I was gonna get my MBA, it was only talk; I wasn't totally thrilled with the idea. I was just going through the motions cuz that's what you do after you work for 5+ years with a Business degree: you get an MBA to move up. Too bad I hated business. Actually, that's probably a good thing cuz otherwise I wouldn't have had the guts to pursue PT.

You'd think the tuition bill would bitch slap me into reality but that hasn't either; I got it yesterday. They want their money by the beginning of January. They don't waste any time do they?


So I weighed in yesterday and I only lost an ounce. One. Little. Ounce. UGH! My eating was ok last week but it was my active rest week...too bad I did more resting than activity. It was also TOTM so hopefully some of that was just water weight? Who knows but I do know I'm not happy with the result! This week I am back in gear with STS and whatever cardio I decide to do. I have been really neglecting my abs so the plan is to do abs on STS days, and cardio on the other days. Before, I was doing STS for about an hour and then 30 min of cardio. After 90 min of working out, the last thing I wanted to do was tack on 20 min of ab work so I did what any lazy person would do: I didn't do it at all. Trust me, it shows. I know I will feel lazy cutting out the cardio on STS days but I think it needs to be done. Half the time I am so beat from weights that I do the cardio all half-assed anyway and injuries happen ( a la the calf injury last weekend). Let's see what happens...

I must say I am in LOVE with Spark People! There is a lot on that site so I still haven't mastered it yet but I did learn a lot about my eating habits. I am taking in less carbs than I thought; most of the time I'm at the lowest end of my threshold, so maybe that's why I am super tired? I also tend to eat too many calories for snacks and not enough for real meals so that could contribute to my lack of energy as well. The only gripe is it takes awhile to log your food into the database but I save everything as a "favorite" to hopefully cut down on time in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment