Reverb for 12/11: 11 Things ~ What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? (Author: Sam Davidson)
Hmm, this is a hard one. Not sure if I could come up with 11 but here goes:
1) Negativity: I tend to see the glass half-empty most of the time. This is not constructive because you could find something good in almost anything. I'm going to try and focus on the positives next year.
2) Self-Criticizing: I'm my own worst critic. Whether we're talking about weight, looks, intelligence, I bash myself worse than some of my enemies. This is going to stop.
3) Toxic People: Speaking of enemies, there are some people in my life who are just not good for me. I have a habit of holding on to old friendships that go pretty much one way just because I have known that person forever. Doesn't matter that they treat me like crap: I always give them a 2nd, 10th, millionth chance. This will end too.
4) Toxic Environments: I don't think I even need to explain this one...
5 Fear of Failure: Going back to yesterday's posts, I don't try a lot of new things because I'm scared I will suck at them. This isn't healthy. Everything I so much as think about doing this year, I will.
6) SUGAR!!!!!!: OK, I'm not totally removing it from my diet, but I really need to cut it down. I've said it before but seriously, if you stick a needle in me I will probably bleed sugar.
7) Procrastination: I tend to procrastinate the smallest things. When it comes time to do them, I have a billion other things on my plate, so something as simple as washing my sheets will stress me out. I will try and tackle things as soon as I know they need to be done, even if I have to do a little at a time to keep the stress levels down.
8) Sex: Ok, it's not something I need to get rid of but it's something I'd like to increase. Plus they said sex cuts down on stress, so why not add more (sex I mean, NOT stress)? Mark will be happy about that lol ;)
9) Eating Processed Crap: When I snack, very rarely will I reach for some veggies or fruit. I usually eat some kind of Kashi bar or SF Jello pudding, which isn't bad but it's not great either.
10) TV:I watch too much of it when I'm home. I think it's turning my brain to mush. It's definitely not helping my mental or physical health. Next year I plan to focus on more productive things in my down-time.
11) Girl Time:This is another thing I need MORE of next year. My friends and I don't hang out nearly enough. I'd like to do a girls' night maybe 2ce a month instead of 1ce a month. I always feel re-energized after spending time with them.
Getting rid of these 9 things and adding more of the 2 will definitely make me a happier person and easier to get along with. I think it will also boost my self-esteem a lot, which is something I really need. I hope tomorrow's reverb isn't about adding things to your life because then I kinda cheated :-?
As most of you probably know, Weight Watchers revamped their entire program to make more sense. They finally realize that people were eating their nasty processed bars for 1 point over something more nutritious (like a banana) for 2 points. I was thinking about rejoining but that program is expensive! I love that fruits & veggies are now 0 points but still, I dunno. I am always skeptical about throwing my $$ at a weight loss company because let's be honest, their main goal isn't to help you lose weight, it's to make money. And how many people go on the program, go off, go on again... I just need something to hold me accountable and I need a regimented program to keep me on track.
I kept hearing about the Spark People site so I checked it out. It's great and more importantly, it's FREE! You can log in your daily meals and it prints a report for you telling where you stand with fat, cals, proteins, carbs, so it's a well-rounded program. FREE! You can also track your workouts and every time you log in you get points. Eventually depending on your points, you collect these little trophies. I know they aren't real but I love seeing my trophy collection sitting there on my page. Oh and did I mention this was free? So I'm going to give it a try. If I follow it, I will reach my goal weight by June. Wish me luck!
LOL at #8, ive been relieving a lot of stress that way and my hubby is getting spoiled, HA!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck Melissa, you can do it girl!