Sundays are food shopping days. I didn't really need too much: just some bananas and they had minneolas on sale. I also grabbed a box of mini Lara Bars which were pretty pricey ($9 for 12 bars) but they have maybe 3 or 4 ingredients in them so it was better than buying a box of some other overly-processed bar disguised as a health food. I need more portable snacks to bring to school. I also got some sugar free tapioca pudding and saw coconut tofu. I've never tried tofu and honestly I'm terrified of it. But it had "dessert" written in big letters and is 90 cals per serving with no fat, so it has to be good right? Plus, the kicker (besides having a small list of ingredients) was that it was only $2. You never know unless you try it right?
The weekend was pretty good. Friday night was nasty out. I did my tasting and came home and passed out at 9. I was supposed to go out but I was exhausted from the week. Saturday I did Rhythmic Step and had another (more successful tasting), and we went out to a local place where I saw some old friends from high school that I haven't seen in 12 years...kinda scary but it was a good time. Once the snow started falling though I was OUT; I do not do well in the snow! Today I mashed up Drill Max and Bootcamp cardio premixes for a 70 minute intense workout. It felt great!! I needed some damage control for all the crap I ate this weekend :-/
Oh yeah so my sports bras finally came! They are AMAZING!!! The girls are locked, loaded, and ready for action. There is minimal bouncing and I don't feel the need to double up on sports bras for high impact workouts. They are very flattering too with ZERO sagging, and the back closure is nice and wide to keep everything in place. I wish I had bought more.
We are booking Vegas in 2 days! I really hope I get a decent return on my taxes this year, preferably one that will pay for the hotel & airfare (dear tax gods, hear me now!!!!!!!). West Palm is probably not an option for spring break since I will be broke from Vegas, but I'm hoping I can go sometime in June or August when the liquor tastings pick up and I will have some more money. I really want to see my cousins and aunts/uncles! I have to admit I am kind of relieved because the public is not ready for this wide load in a bathing suit just yet ;)
I also decided I am crossing Mercy College off my list of doctorate programs. Yeah it would be great to be close to home, but the price tag is way too high for what you get IMO. There are way better programs out there for a cheaper price. So on the list at the moment is CUNY, Suny Downstate, Syracuse, Stony Brook...and I am entertaining Miami. We shall see what happens...
No comments:
Post a Comment