I just finished doing STS Disc 10 (shoulders, bi's, and chest) and the weights & plates section of ab circuits. I upped the weights by a few pounds since the last time I did STS, and even increasing the load by 2 or 3 pounds KILLED. My upper body is on fire! I am getting better at the pushups on my toes; last time I did STS, I had an all-or-nothing attitude so I felt like a failure if I couldn't do all the sets on my toes, so I didn't do ANY on my toes. Well that wasn't helping myself at all so this time I said "We'll start on our toes and see how far we can get." I banged out the first full set entirely on my toes, woohoo!!!! The next sets weren't as successful but I tried and marked everything down so next time the goal will be to do at least 1 more rep on my toes.
Seriously, STS has made me loathe paper plates with a passion. Between killing my legs and killing my abs, I will never look at a paper plate the same way ever again. I could see it now: this 4th of July bbq, the paper plates will come out and I will run away screaming at the top of my lungs. I felt like such a spaz doing the ab circuits weights & plates today. I couldn't even do all the plate exercises! But again, I tried so that is something. Now I'm determined to do all the reps so I will work this disc into my rotation. Normally, I would totally avoid doing something if I sucked at it but no pain no gain right?!
No comments:
Post a Comment