Today's workout was Intensity's Max Intensity premix. It's a 70-min cardio workout that incorporates step and HIIT training. The premix I did today also had a bootcamp section in which I used light weights and a medium-tension resistance band; since I'm doing STS, I don't want to lift heavy on back-to-back days. Intensity is tough but SO much fun and the music is awesome.
I have some intense DOMS in my chest today too from yesterday's WO. It hurt just lifting my arms during the side step recoveries.
Yesterday I went 100 calories over my goal which is not cool. I think it's because of 2 things: 1) I didn't even come close to drinking enough water for the day and 2) I waited way too long to eat lunch which probably is what made me ravenous later at night. I think from now on I'm going to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up and then workout an hour after that, this way I can eat lunch at a decent time. There is so much planning that goes into this! But I guess once you get a routine down, it gets easier. At least I hope it does.
Oh! Today I had an AWESOME lunch:
1 Whole Wheat Tortilla (I used Trader Joe's since it's all natural ingredients)
3 oz Turkey Breast
28g Hummus
1 Baby Bell Light Cheese Wheel
0.5c Arugula
0.5c Mushrooms
Jalepenos
Put the mushrooms in a small bowl with some water and cover. Microwave for 40 seconds, stir, and microwave another 40 seconds (so they "cook"). Heat the tortilla and turkey in the microwave for 45 seconds to get them warm. Spread the hummus on the tortilla, lay the arugula down, turkey, mushrooms, & jalepeno peppers. Cut the Baby Bell into small bites and put on top of everything. Broil on hi until the cheese melts (edges of the wrap will get crispy). Fold up and enjoy!
This wrap was sooooooo delicious and only 340 calories! You don't need to add the hot peppers if you don't want to; I just think everything tastes better with some jalepenos ;)
MMMmm, your lunch sounds good. I love jalapenos on anything. What kind of hummus did you use? I have yet to find a hummus that I like :/
ReplyDeleteThat reminds me to get some laughing cow cheese, i miss it.
p.s. Your doing awesome...
i use whatever is on sale lol! the all natural stop & shop one is pretty good. but if i have the extra $$, i splurge on trader joe's organic hummus....sooo delish!
ReplyDelete