Saturday, March 19, 2011

Weigh In 3/19

Yeah I gained 4 pounds. FOUR!!!!! That is pathetic. I know how it happened though: had a little too much fun last weekend...fun which lasted 3 days. Last night wasn't great either since I was starving and went WAY over all of my nutritional goals. I'm seeing a pattern of too many carbs so I have to work on cutting those down; that could actually be why I'm so freakin hungry all the time. I don't really eat anything refined though, so not totally sure what that's about. The water intake is still lacking and I know I need to work on that. I also need to step away from the ANPB!!!! It seems to be where the majority of my fat & cals are coming from. I'm going to weigh myself again tomorrow just to see; usually after a day of heavy lifting (like yesterday), the weight is a little higher than expected. Doesn't excuse the fact that I ate like a pig!

I was gonna skip rest days but maybe I should take one since I have been doubling up my workouts on STS days? I might do that today or tomorrow, not sure what the plan is yet.

UPDATE: Ok I'm back. Amelia, reminded me the importance of rest days, and she is totally right! I need a day to recoop and rebuild. I remember when I wasn't taking rest days a year ago and my body was packing on weight like there was no tomorrow; when I started giving myself an "easy" day a week, the weight came off. So that's what I will do! I still wanna get some kind of activity in on rest days though, kind of an "active rest" as Cathe says.

I was gonna do Kick Max today but wasn't feeling up to it, so I guess today is my active rest day. I did 15 mins of Windsor Pilates abs, 20 min of playing Just Dance 2 on the Wii, and 20 min stretch from Stretch Max. I feel nice, relaxed, and all stretched out! My hamstrings were killing me from all the crap I put them through this week.

1 comment:

  1. Rest days are good, and don't beat yourself up too bad about the gain. You had your fun, and now you can pick yourself back up again. =) I've been watching the scale fluctuate during my mini 'hiatus', and it's not been so pretty, either. =S

    But, we make mistakes, and we move on! =) Good luck getting back to where ya need to be.

    ReplyDelete