
Ugh what a week! I've been trying to kick the cold from hell that would not go away. I had it for about a week and just got over it yesterday....FINALLY!! This was also my active rest week from STS, so I threw in 4 cardio workouts. Imax 3 and Cardio Core Circuit were 2 of them and those babies are TOUGH, so I'm glad I got something challenging in there. Also, I dropped 2 pounds since last week, so I'm pretty sure it was water weight from TOTM. That was the good part of the week.
Now for the bad part: I was so exhausted so I did not keep up with the blog or tracking my foods & workouts. Saturday was the St Patty's Day parade in White Plains and I drank...a lot. And my eating wasn't that great either. But the drinking is what really did me in. I didn't realize how many calories rum has until I looked it up online. I thought I was ok cuz I drink it with Diet Coke but NOPE! I easily drank 800-1000 cals in alcohol alone. That isn't counting what I ate. UUUGGGHHH.
I know, I do this all the time. I am an addict. I love food and it's hard sticking to a decent diet. I am so easily tempted by crap and I usually give in. I don't get why I do it either because I always feel like ass after. Not because of the guilt, but because shitty food makes me feel, well, like shit: sluggish, heavy, bloated. But when I eat healthy, I feel SO amazing! You'd think that would help me stick to my diet but NOPE! It doesn't at all.
So now there are 79 days until Vegas. That's a little over 11 weeks. In 11 weeks if I play my cards right I can drop 11-22 pounds. I know there will be at least 2 huge challenges in that time period: my friend's bday and Easter. We might go to the casino in April which means, you guessed it, more drinking, and Easter is another excuse to stuff my face, so I really need to be careful here. But I need to be serious about this. I can't do the "one little taste" here and "one little cookie" there because as I've said before, it's never ONE; it leads into a downward spiral and I end up coming right back to where I started. I started this blog In August '10 and I am only 5 pounds lighter in all that time because of self-sabotage and I don't know how to end it. I don't know why I feel the need to eat crap if it makes me feel like crap. That is the little kid in me who thinks I "deserve" to have something, but it's food, not a prize. I need to retrain my brain to thinking like that and stop using food as a reward and an excuse.
One cool thing that happened though was Sat at the parade, a friend of a friend complimented me on my arms. He was in the army too, so I was shocked because I looked like a glob of goo standing next to him. I never thought my arms were toned at all, so to get a positive comment on them was awesome! Thanks STS :)
No comments:
Post a Comment