Monday, April 18, 2011

Meso 3!

Today was the first day of M3 in STS. I can't believe I only have 4 weeks left of the program! This time was a huge success compared to the other 2 times I did STS. I think it's because I really pushed myself with the weights; on exercises I felt I could kick it up a notch, I did and it shows. I'm starting to get those meatballs (like Cathe says) in my biceps and if I straighten my arm out, you can see the trace of a tricep.

Today was chest and back. I found that if I flip the barbell up with the underside of my forearms pointing forward, I can roll down on the bench and do a full set of bench presses. I never thought of lifting the weight that way; last round of STS, I just rolled down and tried to push the bar up from the bottom which was NOT a good idea. This seems to work. I feel my chest work more when I do the bench presses with the barbell over dumbbells so I'm glad this method checked out OK. I already feel sore in my chest and back so I'm happy with today's session. Also threw in some STS Pilates abs and 18 min of stretching with the band.

Day 8: A Song You Know All the Words To
Anberlin : The Haunting ~ Okaaay this was a weird category for song of the day and a pretty broad one at that. I'll just pick this song by Anberlin because I have been listening to it nonstop for the past 3 days. Not sure why I suddenly decided to fall in love with it cuz it's not new at all, but it's a really great song!

No comments:

Post a Comment