Wednesday, May 23, 2012

It's Cuz You Gotta Stir the Pot!

I was wondering why they were calling out soups in P90X. Apparently one of the stretches is called "Stir the Pot;" I missed the whole intro to that so I just heard everyone calling out the names of soup and was like "WTF is going on here?!"

Yesterday was plyos and it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Cathe's HIITs are a lot harder, but they are also shorter workouts. The P90X plyos were fun though and Tony is growing on me even though he reminds me of a ripped version of the wacko doctor from The Human Centipede. Today I had Ab Ripper which surprisingly wasn't as torturous as Monday's session. Also had shoulders & arms, and completed a MFP challenge: 125 V-sits, 50 windshield wipers on each side, and 50 firewalkers on each side. I decided that for the 1st month of P90X, I'm gonna do endurance so about 12-15 reps, then month 2 will be hypertrophy so about 8-10 reps, and the last month will be strength with 8-10 reps. Yes, I totally ripped that out of STS but I think it's a good idea and you can't deny the science behind it.

My eating has been pretty good too. I've been being conservative with the calorie burns when logging them into MFP: this way if I am hungry, I will allow myself a little leeway as long as it is healthy. Last night I was starving so I had 1/2 a PBJ on multigrain with ANPB and Trader Joe's organic jelly. So far, I haven't woken up in the middle of the night for a snack, so score on that one! I just feel so much better being on goal and eating well. It makes you wonder why you sabotage yourself at all...EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment