Thursday, May 24, 2012

This Is NOT Relaxing

Today's workout kinda crept up on me. I did P90X Yoga X and the "Burn" workout from Body Rock.

Body Rock was introduced to me by a friend of mine on MFP. It is pretty intense. I've read some of the comments on this chick's site and some people are offended by her lack of clothing; one guy even called it soft core porn. I don't know what kind of porn this dude watches. In all honesty, ok if I saw someone sporting this woman's workout "clothes" at the gym, I would think she was a complete hooch; but this is the internet people, not real life. PLUS look at her body!! Not to mention she is more covered up than half the women I see at the beach, so there ya go. Anyway, consider that a warning because I'm embedding the tutorial video that shows an idea of what today's workout entailed; it was about 16min long and consisted of 3 rounds that go like this:


1) Push Up, Touch Toe & Jump Burpee
2) Pike Mat Jumps
3) Swing, Lunge & Knee Lifts – Using the BodyRock Equalizer or Dip Station
4) Push Up, Touch Toe & Jump Burpee
5) Pike Mat Jumps
6) Plank, 2 Jumps & Bag Drag – Using the pink Sandbag
7) Tuck Abs
8) Hanging Knee Raises – Using the Pull Up Bar

50 seconds training, 10 second rest for each exercise. I threw 20lbs into a backpack and used that in place of a sandbag. I also didn't have a pull up bar so I did reverse crunches in place of the hanging knee raises.

I thought Body Rock was gonna be the toughest part of my workout today but NOPE! P90X Yoga X kicked my ass. HARD. Worse than Ab Ripper on Monday. I thought yoga was supposed to be relaxing and calming. Well, this was far from calming. The first 45 min (yes, you read that right...the FIRST 45 minutes) was all vinyasa, which means you're doing difficult poses and holding those poses for awhile as the sweat pours off of you. By the end, my quads were on fire and let me tell you, Tony was not my friend at that point. I was cursing that man out like no one's business. I also had a go at one of the chicks who was way more flexible than me and it just pissed me off. The last 45 min were a little more relaxed...until the damn ab section came (yes, abs again!); those friggin scissors will be the death of me! I was so relieved when corpse pose came because I just felt so drained. I'd glad that workout is only one time a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment