Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Holy CRAP!

My heart was racing. I wasn't sure if it was from my nerves or the fact that I just trekked up a mountain to get to the building. I walked up to the second floor and saw a sea of faces I didn't recognize. This was it; I was registering for school.

This was major dejavu for me. All of a sudden I felt like I was 18 again, just starting out and not sure wtf I was getting myself into. Part of me wanted to run out screaming but the other part told me this is something I need to do. You know when an idea sounds so great in your head and then when you're actually living it, you're like what the hell was I thinking? Yeah, I had one of these moments sitting in that hallway. Actually, make that a bazillion of these moments. My advisor couldn't believe that I was starting all over again. Her advice? "Honey, it's going to get a lot harder." Well gee thanks. I looked around the room and there were kids fresh out of high school registering with their parents and there I am, almost 30 years old registering for the same classes. I felt so out of place but so excited that this was finally materializing. Today when I dropped the 1st check (of many) into the mail and saw my new student ID, it finally hit me: this is really happening. I'm not just talking about it anymore. I'm actually DOING it.

My schedule kind of blows. I'm taking Bio, Chem, and Physics in the Spring. I didn't want to do Chem/Physics at the same time but the school's website neglected to say that you need to take a placement exam for Anatomy which I haven't done yet and won't be able to until next semester. ARG! The good thing: I have off Mondays & Fridays. The bad thing: I have class Tues & Thurs from 8AM - 930PM!!! I have breaks in between: 5 hrs at one point and 3 hrs at another which SUCKS. And the school is too far from my house to go home & drive back. I might use the time to do homework or read. I'm sure they have a computer lab too. There is also a galleria I can shop in but then again I am going to be a broke college student all over again...not looking forward to that. I will figure something out. What kills me though is since I was a new student, even though I knew exactly what I was taking, I had to register in person so by the time they took me, a lot of classes were closed out. Hopefully this will be the last time I have to settle for a sh!t schedule. I remember when I was doing my undergrad, I would sit at the computer and wait until midnight the day of registration so I got 1st pick of the good classes. I will probably be doing that again next year ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment