Week 1 on the Lisa & me challenge and I am right on track: I lost 1.8 pounds woohoo!!!! I am so happy right now, especially considering that my workouts were not as strenuous as they normally are. This week, I stuck with zig-zagging, lowered my calories by a couple hundred, and took the workouts down a notch: and I feel great! I'm eating about 1600-1800 cals a day; in the past, I used to think this was way too little but honestly, when you pick the right things, you don't need to eat too many calories. I've been snacking on fruit & veggies during the day and at night I've been allowing myself some kind of dessert. The best thing is, I didn't feel deprived at all this week. I even had a slice of fresh fruit pie with some low fat ice cream...key word SLICE, not slices like I normally have ;) One week down, let's hope I can keep this up!
My new dessert obsession is a chocolate Vitatop with a few chocolate chips and a mug of diet hot cocoa. The whole thing comes out to 165 calories and it tastes SO incredibly decadent. The trick is, you put the choc chips ontop of the frozen Vita and throw in the microwave for 36 seconds. Then,let it sit a couple of seconds, and spread the melted chips all over the top of the Vita. OMG sooooooooooo good! It tastes like a fudgy brownie! Next time I have one, I will take a pic.
Good news part 2: my calf is totally healed! Heating it def helped. I have no clue what I did to it. I'm thinking I landed weird during the calf pumps and then the calf raises aggravated it even more. No more limping and I might be able to get some kickboxing in today!
No comments:
Post a Comment