The title of today's post is actually the title of a song that I'm obsessed with at the moment. It's by a band called The Horrible Crowes, fronted by my future husband Brian Fallon (psst...he doesn't know he will be marrying me yet. But I thought it would be a nice surprise ;) ). Anyway, the gist of the song is something along the lines of how someone you think you know is actually not that person at all. And it got me thinking: it's really interesting to find out what people actually think of you. Beyond the bullshit, beyond the false pretenses...like, REALLY know what someone thinks about you. I've had some deep drunken conversations with a few of my friends and the popular opinion is that I supposedly have all my shit together and people wish they could either be like me or be with me. And I don't get where that comes from?
Now, I'm not writing this to feed my ego or brag that I'm such an awesome person; I'm just writing about the sheer irony of it all. I mean, here I am, writing a blog about how much I hate the way I look and how I'm trying so desperately to change it; meanwhile, here are these people who think I have everything life has to offer in terms of intelligence, personality, and looks. I guess what I'm trying to say is, no matter how "perfect" someone seems or how much it looks like they have it all, most likely they have insecurities just like everyone else. And more importantly, most likely they are FAR from perfect. The fact of the matter is, no one is perfect and no one should try to be because that goal just isn't feasible. While I don't think it's bad to want to change some minute aspect of yourself, it's also not healthy to beat yourself up for not having "it all." Because, as corny as it sounds, someone out there thinks that there is absolutely nothing that you need to change at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment