Today actually went really well, despite feeling utterly defeated this morning. I ate 7 calories under my goal which was very close but still under, and all my macros were on point. And the best part is, I don't feel deprived AT ALL! I ate a good amount of food today: a big breakfast, protein shake, moderate lunch, afternoon snack, moderate dinner, and small nighttime snack. Kitchen was closed by 830PM, so now all it will be for the rest of the night is water. I find that when I replenish myself with water, my cravings are almost nonexistent and I don't really do much mindless eating, so I gotta remember that.
Today I read a bunch of blogs all reiterating the point of consistency. First I thought oh yeah well everyone knows you have to be consistent with eating well and working out but no, these entries were all talking about being consistent with one or two diet IDEAS. For example, don't throw a huge wrench in your diet by doing low carb, low fat, AND low calorie one week and then the next do something totally different like bulk up your caloric intake. Nothing takes in a week or sometimes even a couple of weeks, and if you throw too many things in there you can't pinpoint exactly what is working for you. I never thought of that! I guess also if you have too many discrepancies in your diet, you feel kind of overwhelmed and there is just way too much "do this/not that" racing through your head (as if dieting wasn't confusing enough on its own!). So, that is what I'm gonna do: be consistent! I'm starting off by closing the kitchen at 830 PM and drinking my water. If I'm heading down the right track, then cool, I know this is working and I won't change much until I hit that dreaded plateau. That is the plan, and I think it's a small enough goal that will not only start me off on the right foot but will also not make me feel like I'm carting around a huge burden in terms of what to eat and what not to eat.
No comments:
Post a Comment